Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolution: Learn New Jewelry Design Techniques

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! I generally don't make New Year's resolutions but this year I felt the need to especially when it comes to learning new techniques in jewelry design. New to me that is. I was in my local bead shop the other day and saw one of those coiling gizmos. It was on sale so I figured why not buy it and see if it actually works. While I was there, I also bought some metal beads and findings. I love metal and look forward to the day I start learning how to make my own metal pieces. Anyway, I went home and tried the coiling gizmo and was pretty happy with what I made. I combined one of the coiled pieces with one of the metal pieces I bought at the bead shop and added some wire and came up with a new necklace design for my Etsy shop. I haven't uploaded it to my shop yet because I need to take a better photo. However, I think it's good enough to show you here. The photo is a bit blurry but you should still get an idea of what my new design looks like.


I love it so much that I decided to add a new collection to my shop that will feature items made with coiled wire and metal beads and pieces. I'm so excited. It's fun to learn new things! Feel free to let me know what you think.

Until later..

Beth (AKA Battina 68)

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Saw your blog posted on the Etsy forums and thought I'd check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your blog on Etsy forums, checked it out and like it very much. Am looking forward to seeing your future postings.
    Yes learning and executing a new technique is great fun. I love playing with new designs for my shop. Sometimes the beads tell me what they want and sometimes the wire just flows into its own shape. I guess you have to be there......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this design and the rest of your designs from your Etsy shop. Learning new jewelry techniques is a great idea, otherwise things get a little boring. I plan on learning more advanced wire wrapping techniques this year.

    I have that coiling gizmo, too. I need to figure out how to use it.

    ReplyDelete